Is RefWorks in your toolkit?
Access RefWorks here!
NEW HARVARD STYLE
In February 2013, RefWorks supplied "AGPS Press - Style Manual, 6th Edition" style, which is based on the same specifications as the recommended Harvard-UniSA style. Get it via RefWorks menu > Bibliography > Output Style Manager and make it a Favourite!
A light look
bradicals 2006, RefWorks: the Ultimate Tool For Bibliographies, video, YouTube, viewed 21 June 2012
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and database manager. It allows you to create your own personal research database by importing citations and references from Summon, online databases, text files and other various sources. You can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds.
Why should I use RefWorks?
- RefWorks helps you to keep track of your references and to format your documents
- It is web-based; you can use it anywhere there is an internet connection
- It is easy to learn the basic features; more advanced features may take a bit more time to learn
- You can use the RefShare feature to share your references with colleagues
When should I use RefWorks?
- RefWorks is useful for your own research. Use it as you start your reading to collect details of the articles and books you read
- RefWorks is great for collaborative work:
- You can create as many separate RefWorks accounts as you like. You can create a shared account where all colleagues who need to use it share a login and password. All members of the shared account can add references
- You can use RefShare to let others see the references in any RefWorks account that you control
RefWorks Guide from ProQuest
Now there is a RefWorks guide produced by ProQuest - check it out!
Roadmap to referencing!
Need help Referencing? Not sure what type of source you have?
Follow the Roadmap to referencing to help you decide what your source is and show you how to reference it according to Harvard-UniSA style.
Is your browser IE9?
If so, you may find some issues with entering details in a new record. RefWorks is not completely compatible with this version of Internet Explorer.
You can use 'Compatibility view' as a quick fix, until RefWorks is able to resolve this issue:
- Login to your RefWorks account.
- Click on the un-highlighted Compatibility View icon button on the right side of the address bar.
For more information, see the Technical details page of this guide.